Friday 24 July 2009

Statto is feeling nervous, but positive…


… about his up-coming half-marathon in Milton Keynes this Sunday 26/7. Since the Bushy 10k debacle on 12/7, I’ve been taking it easy. There have been no Club training sessions in the interim and the two races I have done (9k Mob Match and FVS 3k relays) have been executed with the foot off the gas.

My top-secret body monitoring tool – (Stattometer ©) - is indicating there is a good race lurking within me, so I am now hopeful that this easy two weeks will enable me to do what I want to do on Sunday.

Mon Dieu – the Garmin FR405 is on the blink. The stop-watch aumatically starts/stops itself repeatedly in even the slightest drizzle. You can lock the bezel-control to stop the screens changing in the rain, but the start/stop function is one of the big buttons on the side and so, in theory, is impervious to the weather. I'm going to have to send it back for replacement. In the meantime, Ollie has kindly agreed to lend me his for the race – phew!

Fingers crossed for kind weather (esp the wind)

No comments:

Post a Comment