Saturday 4 July 2009

MWL Race 4 - St Albans 7M - 2/7/09



Click on tables to enlarge

The hottest day of the year and a 7-mile race do not make the best match up, but another great NHRR turn-out ensured that we ended the MWL series strongly. There’s been a fantastic team spirit evident this year.

We further consolidated our overall 3rd position, finishing a massive 14 points ahead of nearest challengers, FVS. The men finished 3rd on the night and the ladies 2nd. The Male Vet team missed 1st place in the series by a whisker from Barnet & District.

All-in-all, probably the Club’s best ever MWL performance by some way. NHRR also scooped 5 individual prizes for the 4-race series (see details below).

Personally, I think this was one MWL race too far for me, and, as one who particularly seems to suffer in hot weather, had my poorest race of the series. I actually felt quite ill at the end and had to lie down. Every time I tried to get up, my legs went and I had to sit/lie down again! Taking the series as a whole, I think I performed well, especially within the highly competitive MV40-49 age-category, where I was runner-up over the 4-race series.



Individual NHRR prize winners for the 4-race series

Rachel Gibbs – 1st Fem Open
Pete Scrowther – 2nd MV40 (9th Male Open)
Pete Sibbett – 3rd MV40 (12th Male Open)
Paula Adams – 3rd FV35 (8th Fem Open)
Stewart Bryant – 2nd MV50

Other noteable NHRR series-placings

James Atkins - 7th Male Open
Nick Beresford - 11th Male Open
Melissa Winters - 6th Fem Open
Natasha Pitman - 12th Fem Open

No comments:

Post a Comment