Wednesday 23 October 2013

Hatfield 5k Series

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

I hadn't done a 5k for nearly 4 years coming into this series and was a little apprehensive, but all worked out well.  It's a fast course and a well organised race with a great HQ (Affinity Water offices) and ample parking.  I managed to post a couple of decent times (broke MV50 club-record twice) and picked up some prizes too.  Due to a tight hamstring, I didn't do the 3rd race last night, but went along to support my team-mates and pick up my trophies in person

Most pleasing was the County MV50 5km gold medal.  I've waited 50 years to be a County Champion at something and the closest I'd ever come before was doing Middx trials for U19s rugby in about 1980!

I also picked up a nice trophy for being 2nd MV50 over the series, being pipped to 1st by a speedy MV50 from Chelmsford AC, whom I'd have to have run PBs to beat, so well done to him.

I was also part of the NHRR team that won the team prize for the series.

A runner from Bishops Stortford RC came up to me last night and said he read my blog - so someone actually still reads this!!  Thanks John.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pete,

    From Bishops Stortford Running Club not Chelmsford AC though I was born in Chelmsford.

    Well done to you and your team mates in the individual and team competitions.

    You keep blogging and I'll keep reading.

    Cheers,
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John and thanks for taking interest in my self-indulgent waffling! I have corrected the text of this post ;)

    ReplyDelete