Sunday 1 January 2012

Christmas Knees-up

Life after the Stopsley bash

For the first few days after Stopsley XCL, I was encouraged by being able to to run almost normally, despite my knees having taken quite a beating. Strangely, running was less uncomfortable than walking. That was until the Thursday when I got some very sharp jabbing pains in my left knee - the one that had seemed to have taken the lesser impact in the fall. Cutting back on both speed and mileage for the rest of the week seemed to help ease this, although my knees did still feel stiff after runs.

In the week after Xmas I traded speed-work for easy-effort mileage, which seemed to help further ease any discomfort, as well as burning off excess fuel consumption! By New Year's day, I was able to complete a 3rd long run of the week with no ill effects either during or after the run. I think the break from speed-work was overdue in any case, so I (and my knees) are feeling quite refreshed and ready for the new training block.

No comments:

Post a Comment