Wednesday 19 March 2014

Rotterdam - just 3.5 weeks to go

The plan falters, but there's still hope!

After the Milton Keynes disappointment, I took a very easy week (just 35 easy-paced miles).  At the start of this week, I was still feeling below par, but finally (in the last 2 days) I can feel the energy coming back.  Hopefully this will be a 60-mile week including a 6th and final  20+ mile effort.  The final big-one will be in the Lyme Regis/Axeminster area, so plenty of hills!

Then, the hard work will have been done and I can enjoy a 3-week taper.  Despite a 'wobbly' couple of weeks, I think  my overall 12-week preparation has been on a par with that of 4 years ago.  I suspected in 2010 that a 9 week block with a 3 weeks taper (rather than 12+3) would have been better.  My 2014 preparation has confirmed to me that 9+3 would suit me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment