Tuesday 30 July 2013

Time to ease off a bit

Less is sometimes more....

I have put in 5 hard months of training and (latterly) also racing.  I've achieved my main goals which were to win the MWL Div 1 MV50 prize, start making in-roads to the NHRR MV50 Club Records and to enjoy training and racing again.

As in previous years, I felt very tired going into the final MWL race and also the FVS 3k relays last week. I've also been feeling really tired in easy/recovery runs.  I also perform well below par when when the temperature gets above 20 deg!  I scaled down mileage last week and also skipped the Sunday long-run and am already feeling better. 


The medal haul!
Here I am at the FVS 3k Relays. Disappointed with my time, but I was tired, it was hot and I took a wrong turn at one point!  On a positive note, NHRR were 1st Vet Team in both the Open and Herts County categories.


No comments:

Post a Comment