Sunday 20 May 2012

One wheel on my wagon...

And I'm still rolling along
Them Cherokees are after me
I'm all in flames, at the reins
But I'm singing a happy song

I'm singing a higgity, haggity, hoggety, high
Pioneers, they never say die
A mile up the road there's a hidden cave
And we can watch those Cherokees
Go galloping by

I ran to near exhaustion at the MWL on Wednesday, feeling sick and dizzy at the end.  Sadly this generated a time about a minute slower than I was expecting.   Not felt up to much running-wise since, and my Sunday long-run totalled one mile before my legs and mind gave up.  My wagon has been rolling without a full set of wheels for a very long time, and once again, the pioneer life has taken its toll!  Once I find that cave, I'll get some new wagon-wheels.

Thanks to Burt Bacharach and Bob Hilliard for the music and words!

No comments:

Post a Comment